Sunday 26 May 2013

ANHLC Conference 2013

Much of the feedback from the Conference has been posted on the LV Community Shed blog or Facebook or the LV Community Shed twitter feed. I don't like to repeat it all. The theme of the conference was 'Power Houses' and it certainly lived up to it. There was an amazing presentation about the statistics from Neighbourhood Houses and I will share that with you once I convert the files to load online. It's safe to say that this sector performs well on limited resources. I really appreciated the opportunity to hear about the wonderful things happening in communities around Victoria. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or at the house. I would like to share the clips from our last session titled: Inspiration.

The following amazing clips were shared:

Caine's Arcade... a beautiful story about imagination and community
Caine's Arcade from Nirvan Mullick on Vimeo.

An amazing story about creating peace...
Susan Boyle's Audition for anyone who hasn't seen it or wants to revisit.....

The wholehearted Brene Brown shared her research into living wholeheartedly, And demonstrating the power of Vulnerability was Alice Fredenham And because we had a few minutes left, a member of our group shared this amazing audition... And full of inspiration, we embarked on the long trip home. It was an amazing conference and I noticed so much change since my last one in 1999 or 2000. The world has changed a lot since then and Neighbourhood Houses have responded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...